January 21, 2023 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM Pacific Time
There is no RD PDX Intersangha without you! Service is dana!
Please join us to nominate and vote for Intersangha officers! Volunteer to join committees!
The Recovery Dharma PDX Intersangha has its quarterly intersangha meeting to bring our community and sanghas together. In addition, January provides our community with the chance to elect officers and to fill committee positions. The roles are vital to keep our volunteer group operating, connecting, and recovering.
We need volunteers to help fill intersangha officer and committee positions. A person is elected into a co-position to backup and assist a previously elected officer. After a year of service in the co-position, the person steps into the primary position to lead that position and mentor the next year’s elected co-position.
We fill the following officer positions:
- Intersangha Co-chair – Help our intergroup, connect our sanghas, answer member questions, connect with Recovery Dharma Global
- Co-treasurer – Help our treasurer with intergroup expenses and donations
- Co-secretary – Help secretary our monthly and quarterly meetings; keep meeting scripts organized and up to date
- Co-communications – Manage our social media presence, help maintain our website, distribute periodic information (via email, social media, etc.), help our members
We also recruit folks for several different committees. Anyone is welcome to join these committees. This meeting provides an opportune time to join.
Our committees consist of the following:
- Wise Friends Committee – Deliver periodic workshops, organize speaker programs and provide wise friend/mentor support. Meet monthly to plan these activities
- Unity Committee – Help organize safe and supporting non-meeting connection events to bring people closer together, such as bowling, hikes, and picnics
- Summit PDX Committee – Bring the Recovery Dharma Summit to Portland. Help us coordinate logistics and organize efforts needed to make this happen